How to Obtain Birth Records?
You may obtain a certified copy of your Birth Certificate either in person or by mail. In person, please stop by our office at 121 E. Washington Street, Pittsfield, IL during normal business hours. By mail, please download and print our BIRTH CERTIFICATE APPLICATION, complete and return to our office at 121 E Washington Street, Pittsfield, IL 62363, along with a copy of the requestors government issued photo ID, payment of the applicable processing fee, and a self-addressed, stamped envelope. The following information will be required if you are requesting the Birth Certificate by mail or in person:
- The mother’s full maiden name
- The full name on record
- The date and city of birth
Who May Obtain Birth Records?
- You, if you are 18 years of age or over.
- A parent, if the parent’s name appears on the Birth Certificate as mother or father.
- A Legal Guardian possessing a Court Order stating guardianship.
- A legal Representative representing the person on the Birth Certificate or the parent(s).
What is required before you can obtain a copy of a birth certificate?
- A Government issued picture ID (Drivers License, State ID Card). If your request is by mail, send a copy of your ID.
- A fee of $15.00 for the first copy, and $12.00 for each additional copy of the same record issued at the same time.
- Genealogy copies are available for $10.00 and a classified as 50 years from birth.
The County Clerk has birth certificates dating back to 1877.