HOW CAN YOU OBTAIN A COPY OF A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE?
You may obtain a copy of a Marriage Certificate either in person or by requesting it by mail. In person, please stop by our office at 121 E. Washington Street, Pittsfield, IL during normal business hours. By mail, please download and print our Marriage Certificate Application, complete and return to our office at 121 E Washington Street, Pittsfield, IL 62363, along with a copy of the requestors government issued photo ID, payment of the applicable processing fee, and a self-addressed, stamped envelope. The following information will be required if you are requesting the Birth Certificate by mail or in person:
- The name of the groom (legal name used at the date of marriage)
- The name of the bride (legal name used at the date of marriage)
- The date and city of marriage
WHO MAY OBTAIN A COPY OF A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE?
Certified marriage certificates, may only be obtained by the bride or groom listed on the certificate or a parent of the bride or groom listed on the certificate.
Copies: A COPY only of the front of a marriage certificate is open to the public (copies will not be certified and typically are not accepted as a legal document). Any information regarding family history which is normally found on the back of a Certified Marriage Certificate will not be reproduced for the general public.
What is required before you can obtain a copy of a marriage certificate?
- A government issued picture ID (Drivers License, State ID Card). If your request is by mail, send a copy of your ID.
- A fee of $15.00 for the first copy, and $12.00 for each additional copy of the same record issued at the same time.
RECORDS OF MARRIAGES IN PIKE COUNTY WHICH ARE KEPT ON FILE AT THE CLERK’S OFFICE BEGIN IN THE YEAR 1827.
Official Records Online here