HOW CAN YOU OBTAIN A MARRIAGE LICENSE?
Both parties must appear in person, at the Pike County Clerk’s Office to obtain a Marriage License.
WHEN SHOULD YOU APPLY FOR YOUR MARRIAGE LICENSE?
- Apply at least one calendar day prior to the wedding. The license does not become effective until 24 hours after you apply. For example, if you want to get married on Saturday, March 1st, you must obtain your license by Friday, February 28th before 4:30 p.m.
- The license is valid for 60 days after the effective date.
WHAT IS REQUIRED BEFORE YOU CAN OBTAIN A MARRIAGE LICENSE?
- A Government issued picture ID (Drivers License, State ID Card) for both parties. It may also be necessary to show proof of age when applying for the License.
- A filing fee of $30.00 for the license. Make checks payable to Pike County Clerk.
WHAT OTHER REQUIREMENTS ARE THERE?
- You must be at least 18 years of age. You can be married at ages 16 or 17, but your NATURAL PARENTS must sign a parental consent form in the County Clerk’s Office at the time you apply for the license.
- If you have been divorced within the last six months, you must provide a certified copy of the divorce decree at the time you apply for your Marriage License.
- A license issued in Pike County CANNOT be used in any other county or state.